Story Content Ratings
All creators are expected to tag their content with appropriate mature content tags, and to choose the appropriate age demographic their content is written for. If you come across a story that has been incorrectly labeled or is tagged with the wrong age demographic, you can let us know by reporting it. We will change or update mature content and age tags if we determine your content is incorrectly labeled.
Mature Content Tags and Age Targets
Tagging your content with mature content tags does not mean that it can contain prohibited content. Stories that contain prohibited content will be removed regardless of their tags or rating.
Mature stories are intended for an audience that is 18 and up. There are restrictions on discovering Mature content on Wacky Writers that help ensure they reach the correct audience. A story must be tagged with Mature Content Tags if it contains any of the following:
- Sexual Content
- Self-harm themes or scenes (including suicide and eating disorders)
- Graphic depictions of violence; including but not limited to: sexual, verbal, emotional and physical abuse.
- Excessive drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Excessive adult language
If you feel that your content abides by our guidelines but may include parts that aren’t appropriate for younger readers, please tag your content with the appropriate mature tags.
What We Remove:
The following are not allowed on Wacky Writers. This is not a complete list, and we have the right to remove any content that we find inappropriate. Any content that could put our community at risk will be removed. Wacky Writers has the right to close any account or remove content without notice.
Sexual Content on Wacky Writers
- Explicit Content: We use the term “explicit” frequently when referring to sexual content. For the purposes of this document, “explicit” means extensive or detailed descriptions of scenes involving sexual acts. For example, a scene that “fades to black” before any truly sexual description begins is not considered explicit. Scenes that involve any extensive description of private parts such as genitalia, breasts, and buttocks will usually fall under the “explicit” category.
- Pornographic Content.Wacky Writers considers content to be pornographic when it exists solely for the purpose of sexual stimulation. This means collections of “one-shots” or content that has no plot or purpose other than to describe sexual interactions between characters is not permitted and will be removed.
- Age of Consent.The age of consent is 16+ on Wacky Writers. Any explicit sexual content between characters must abide by this age of consent and not be in violation of United States Law.
- Explicit Description or Glorification of Sexual Violence.Wacky Writers defines sexually violent acts as including rape, sexual assault, kidnapping for sexual purposes, or sexual slavery. While we understand many stories use this type of experience as backstory or character development, explicit scenes involving these types of acts are not allowed on Wacky Writers. Scenes that include referencing these types of acts in a backstory or character development context are acceptable but must not be explicit retellings. Any content involving sexual violence cannot be encouraging or promoting of non-consensual sex acts. We recommend including a “trigger warning” on chapters that include references to this type of content as a courtesy to other Wacky Writers members.
- Sexual Roleplay or Messaging. Wacky Writers does not permit sexual messages or solicitation. This includes posting content which encourages sexual private messages, on or off Wacky Writers, or posting rules for public or private roleplay that are intended for sexual purposes.
- Illegal Sex Acts.In accordance with United States Law, any content which depicts illegal sex acts including, but not limited to, bestiality, necrophilia, or incest, is not permitted and will be removed.
Media on Wacky Writers
Media on Wacky Writers includes images, videos, gifs, and sound clips. To help keep Wacky Writers a safe space for everyone to create and discover content, we may remove images that don’t follow our Content Guidelines. The following Media is not allowed on Wacky Writers, and will be removed:
- Media containing full exposure of any private parts, such as genitalia, breasts, and buttocks.
- Media displaying sexual intercourse, or any other sexual act, regardless of whether private parts are visible.
- Media displaying self-harm or suicide.
- Images of people posted without their consent, except for public figures and celebrities.
- Any other media which captures an illegal act.
Wacky Writers has the right to remove any media deemed unfit for Wacky Writers.
Self-Harm on Wacky Writers
If you are struggling with eating disorders, addiction, self-harm, thoughts of suicide, or other challenges, we want to help where we can, but we are not licensed medical professionals and cannot provide medical advice. On top of that, we don’t want to trigger other users.
Keep in mind that reading about self-harm and suicide can be upsetting or triggering. That’s why we want to remind you that:
Here is a link to global helplines if you are struggling: Mental Health Resources
- Content that encourages or gives instruction on self-harm will be removed.
- Content that contains lots of description should be tagged with the appropriate mature content tag, and content that glorify self-harm or are not plot-driven are at risk of being removed. The work must have a plot unrelated to the self-harm scene/s, or must show a progression or growth in its characters.
- We want to encourage healthy discussions about these issues, so content about recovery, survival or that portray the negative consequences of self-harm are acceptable on Wacky Writers.
There are many forms of violence that can be harmful to our community. Violent or gory content intended to shock or disgust users, or content encouraging others to commit violent acts is not allowed on Wacky Writers and will be removed.
Hate Groups/Extremist Content
At Wacky Writers, we are committed to keeping our community safe. We value diversity and storytelling, so we want to make sure that the stories being told on Wacky Writers do not contribute to real-world harm. The following guidelines have been developed in order to maintain a positive community. On Wacky Writers, you are not allowed to make physical threats of violence or threats of death towards any individual or group of people. We will not allow stories or individuals that glorify, praise or romanticize current real life violent hate groups, figures, or extremist organizations with violent or hateful intentions. This includes:
- Groups that express a violent mission.
- Organized hate groups.
- Terrorist activity.
- Single event mass shooters/murderers.
Talking about Others
Sharing opinions on stories and the quality or style of writing is ok. We aim to create a safe community for everyone on Wacky Writers, so be kind, respectful, and please treat others as you would want to be treated, so don’t post any content that:
- Bashes a user purely for personal reasons.
- Reveals any personally identifying information about other people, including private messages, photographs/videos. Due to the fictional nature of stories and the chances of real names being used coincidentally, we are unable to remove a work for having the same or similar name to a real person. Only if there is additional identifying information, such as the city you reside or your work/school, is there a violation of our content guidelines.
- Actively promotes violence or hatred. The promotion of hatred on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation, or content that is intended to bully, threaten, or harass others, is also strictly prohibited. General expressions of opinions are allowed, but they cannot be violent in nature or encourage others to attack Wacky Writers community members.
Any content that advertises products or services unrelated to, or not sanctioned by Wacky Writers is not permitted and will be removed. Users are allowed to post references to other writing sites, such as Wattpad or Inkitt, and may use excerpts to advertise content they have self-published on a platform such as Amazon.
If any content is found to have been posted by a user to which the original content does not belong, the content will be removed and the offending user’s account will be terminated.